The humble potato has so many forms it takes on – french fries, mashed potatoes, au gratin, tater tots, baked potato – seriously the options are endless. The potato is probably one of the most versatile ingredients that has been turned into so many different types of dishes. You can probably do just about anything with a potato – I mean it is also used to make vodka, what more could you want from something?! No vodka in this recipe though, just some delicious, buttery, garlicky roasted potatoes that are the perfect side dish to any meal. These potatoes are made by slicing them thin and arranging them in a cast iron pan then drizzling them with butter and garlic. For finishing touches, I have added freshly shredded parmesan and parsley. Crispy outside with a tender, soft inside – exactly what you want in a roasted potato. If you don’t have a cast iron pan, don’t fret – you can use a glass, oven-safe baking dish to make these as well – I just prefer the cast iron since it handles heat well and distributes the heat evenly so it leaves all the potatoes perfectly golden with no burned spots! These go great with steak or pork tenderloin, but you definitely don’t need a fancy meal to eat these with! They would also be great for breakfast/brunch alongside a benedict or omelet!
- 1 Lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, Thinly Sliced
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Sliced
- 1 Cup Parmesan, Freshly Grated
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Parsely
- Salt + Pepper, To Taste
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the butter and sliced garlic.
- In a cast iron pan, arrange the thinly sliced potatoes.
- Next, pour the melted butter and garlic evenly over the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season.
- Place in the oven and roast for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and increase the oven heat to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and parsley over the potatoes and place back in the oven to continue roasting for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with more parmesan and parsley (if desired) and serve!