I am all about those easy, homemade lunches during the week. I fortunately have the luxury of working from home and have the ability to make lunch during the day. I realize that most people do not have that, but if you do, this recipe is a great one. It comes together in about 30 minutes (even faster if you want to use pre-cooked or leftover chicken) and is so much better than takeout. I think it is so important to take a break during the day and enjoy a meal – whether that is a quick takeout before afternoon meetings or whipping up something easy to sit down and decompress for a minute. These noodles came together on a whim because I wanted something tasty for lunch and was getting a bit tired of my usual hummus+turkey breast wrap. These noodles are so great – a little sweet, a touch of spice and all the warmth! The only downside, is they might make you want to go take a little nap after you eat them. You can easily make this recipe 100% vegetarian by omitting the chicken – you could substitute for tofu or add an additional egg for a bit more protein! Lastly, soft boiled eggs can be intimidating, but they are really easy – just takes a bit of practice. If you aren’t feeling adventurous on the egg, you could also fry it in a pan over easy to achieve the same jammy egg results.
- 2 Packages Ramen (I used the A-Sha Brand)
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Corn, Frozen Works Fine
- 4 Green Onions, Chopped in to 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sambal Oelek
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Bring a medium pot of water to a simmer. Once simmering, carefully add the 2 eggs and boil for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, remove the eggs and run under cold water for 3 minutes. Carefully peel the eggs (very carefully) and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal oelek, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Next, heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in the shredded carrots, corn, and sauce and stir to combine, Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking while you make the ramen.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the ramen noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain the water and transfer them to the pan. Add in the green onions, and the sauce packet from the ramen. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and divide the noodles between two bowls. Top each bowl with 1/2 tbsp of sesame seed. Lastly, add one soft boiled egg per bowl and carefully cut the egg down the middle to expose the runny yolk. Serve and enjoy! *for extra spice, drizzle with sriracha.
4 thoughts on “Easy Ramen Stir Fry”