We all love kale, right? LOL definitely not….there are not many dishes with kale in it that I have honestly enjoyed. I can probably count them on a single hand and the majority are in the form of a caesar salad with only a portion of kale actually in it. But kale doesn’t have to be disgusting and resemble chewing on grass. When prepared properly it is actually really good and it has so many health benefits. This kale is cooked to wilt it a bit, but still leaves a little crunch, but you won’t be chewing it for hours. The garlic and lemon add a subtle flavor and the acid in the lemon helps break down the kale to make it edible. This dish is so tasty and colorful you won’t want to stop eating it! I coated the butternut squash in cinnamon for even more fall feels, because cinnamon and fall basically go hand and hand and I was not about to coat it in pumpkin spice – that has its place and it is not in my bowl (at least not this one). This bowl is also warm and hearty and will definitely fill you up without leaving you feeling sluggish and tired, but fueled and satisfied.
For the Bowl:
- 5 Cups Kale
- 2 Cups Cauliflower
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash, Cubed
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 3 Links Chicken Sausage (I used a Garlic Herb), Sliced
- 4 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
For the Tahini Sauce:
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1/8 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total TIme: 40 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp minced garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat and transfer to a baking sheet.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the butternut squash, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle of salt. Toss to evenly coat and transfer to the same baking sheet with the cauliflower.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, let’s prep the remaining ingredients. Let’s start with the sauce – in a bowl add the
- Now heat a medium pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the chicken sausage and cook on each side for 6-8 minutes to brown.
- While the sausage browns, let’s cook the kale! heat another large pan over low to medium heat and add in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the kale and 3 tbsp minced garlic and the lemon juice. Sautee the kale for 6-8 minutes until the kale begins to soften. After 6 minutes, remove from the heat and cover.
- Once everything is cooked, let’s assemble the bowls. Grab two bowls, add 1/2 of the kale, chicken sausage, cauliflower, butternut squash and rice to each of the bowls. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and serve!
7 thoughts on “Kale Cauliflower Bowl with Tahini”
I’ve tried some of Aly’s meals and they have been absolutely delicious and the good part healthy!!! Please keep sharing you recipes !! Yummmmm
Thank you so much for the feedback and kind words! I hope you continue to try my recipes and let me know what you think!