Love buffalo chicken? Then these are for you! These came about because I had so many leftover wonton wrappers from all the dumplings I have been making and eating. I wanted to do something creative, simple, and yummy. And that is how we arrived at these buffalo chicken wontons! I am not trying to make a fusion dish with these, just some delicious American buff chicken! The wontons are a great wrapper because they are thin so they get super crispy, but stay together. These are creamy, crunchy and a bit spicy. These are the perfect appetizer to serve for game day and everyone will absolutely be in love with these. Just make sure to have both ranch and bleu cheese for dipping since people definitely have a preference! I prefer ranch but some people would call me crazy and say that bleu cheese is the only way to eat buffalo chicken. Whichever you prefer, I think we can all agree that these are great for dunking and oh so tasty! Make a batch or two for your next Sunday Football game day!
- 3/4 Lb Shredded Chicken (For Convenience, I used Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Buffalo Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays, but feel free to use your favorite!)
- 35 Wonton Wrappers
- Pam (or form of oil to spray)
- Optional: Ranch or Bleu Cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add in the buffalo sauce and stir until well incorporated.
- Grab a small bowl of water so you can seal the wontons.
- Take a wonton wrapper and add ~2-3 tbsp of the buffalo chicken mixture to the middle. Dip your finger in the water and trace the outside of half of the wont wrapper. Fold the edges with the water over the filling and gently seal to create a triangle. Repeat this step until all the chicken filling has been used – should make about 35 wontons.
- Using an air fryer – heat to 380 degrees fahrenheit. Place one layer of the wontons in the air fryer, making sure they do not overlap. Spray with pam and bake then for 6-8 minutes until crispy. Repeat this step until all the wontons have been cooked.
- Transfer from the airfryer to a plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!