Summer is not over just yet and this is the perfect recipe to end the summer with. It features those delicious zucchini and squash with plenty of cheese and fresh rosemary. The tart is light and flakey and a showstopper for any meal. This tart is pretty easy to make, especially if you use a premade puff pastry – which I highly recommend because making your own is high work for low reward. Just make sure to follow the thawing instructions on the package – if you wait to roll the pastry out when it is too warm, you will not have a very fun time. Like I said above, this recipe is quick and easy with only a few ingredients – the only thing you really have to do is roll out the tart, slice the veggies, and then put them all together – that quick! The oven does most of the work, but when you serve this people will be amazed out how incredibly delicious it is. Make this tart before you totally say au revoir to summer with all the fall flavors!
- 1 Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 1-2 Zucchini, Thinly Sliced
- 1-2 Yellow Squash, Thinly Sliced
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 5.2 oz Boursin Cheese
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to thin it out – this will help it crisp in the oven. Place it on a baking sheet before topping it.
- Carefully spread the boursin on the puff pastry – leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge uncovered.
- Spread the marscapone on top of the boursin – again leaving the 1/2 border uncovered.
- Add the zucchini and squash on top of the cheese – feel free to get creative with your pattern and don’t be afraid to overlap the vegetables.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with the full sprigs of rosemary – spreading them out evenly.
- Place the tart in the oven for 45 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the vegetables are cooked.
- Slice and serve!
8 thoughts on “Rosemary Squash Tart”
This is beautiful! A lovely way to use up the zucchini bounty!
thanks! it was very tasty and a great way to use those veggies!
LikeLiked by 1 person