I don’t know how I haven’t put these on my blog yet! I have made these for every event I host and attend for the last several years. Ask anyone who has been to my house in the last 3 years and they will tell you these are always a hit! In fact, I have one friend who loves these so much that I have to make her a plate for herself so everyone else can get to some! These go super fast and are the first thing to be devoured. They are so easy, quick, and delicious. These are essentially a caprese salad, but on a toothpick, which make them great for finger food at parties. My unique touch is adding a balsamic glaze on top, that really brings them to the next level. The balsamic adds a great acidic touch. The only thing that makes this different from a traditional caprese salad is this is more fun…oh and I don’t put basil on it – you totally can add some fresh basil, I just feel that it is too much since these are small bites. This recipe doesn’t require much at all, I don’t necessarily think I can claim “ownership” on this one, but I have never seen anyone make a caprese salad on toothpicks and drizzle it with balsamic.
- 44 Cherry Tomatos
- 22 Mozarella Balls
- 22 Toothpicks (try to get the ones that are slightly longer than what you use for your teeth)
- 3-4 Tbsp Balsamic Glaze (Trader Joe’s sells a great one that is thick and perfect for drizzling.)
- Makes: 22 Skewers
- Assembly Time: 10 Minutes
- Take a toothpick add a tomato, mozzarella ball, then another tomato.
- Repeat step 1 until all the ingredients have been used.
- Place on a serving dish and drizzle with the balsamic glaze – you can use as little or as much as you want!