Pasta salad is always a good idea! I mean, pasta is always a good idea – and this is the perfect way to eat pasta in the summer when you want something a little colder! I love pasta salad becuase there are so many different ways to make it and its packed with delicious vegetables, cheeses, and meats. Really the options are endless. For this pasta salad, I used some of my favorite Italian inspired ingredients – mozarella, tomatoes, salami to name a few! I was being a bit lazy for this recipe and didn’t feel like making my own dressing so I did a blind taste test of a few different pre-made dressings I had in my pantry. I tried Kraft Italian, Trader Joe’s Fig Balsamic, and Thrive Market Honey Mustard. The winner was the Honey Mustard – tangy and a little sweet, it paired perfectly with the veggies and pasta. I have a note at the bottom if you want to make your own dressing!
- 1 Lb Cheese Tortellini, Cooked
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in Half
- 1.5 Cups Whole Black Olives, Sliced in Half
- 1.5 Cups Mozzarella Balls, Cut in Half
- 3-4 Tbsp Favorite Dressing * (I am using Thrive Market’s Honey Mustard)
- Optional: 1 Cup Salami, Quartered
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook the tortellini according to the package and allow to fully cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, prep all the vegetables, mozzarella, and salami.
- Add all the incredients to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add in your favorite dressing* and mix well. Keep in the refrigerator to keep cold until ready to serve.
*you can use a pre-made dressing or make your own. For convenience, I am using a pre-made dressing. To make your own dressing, you will want an oil base (olive oil, avocado oil, etc.), add in an acidic component (balsamic vinegar, rice wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, etc.), then add in seasonings (garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, rosemary, etc.) and whisk together.