This pasta dish screams fall and comfort. It is nutty, buttery, and so rich. Browning the butter brings out such a deep flavor with a hint of nuttiness to it – once you start browning butter, you may never go back! I love adding blistered tomatoes with this to add some freshness and lightness to the dish, but mushroom would be another delicious choice for a comforting meal. This is the ultimate comfort dish that is so warm and full of flavor. Fresh parmesan on top adds a nice salty bite as well that you don’t want to miss out on! Make this for your next date night to blow your date away.
- 4oz Butter
- 2 Shallots, Finely Chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 8oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt, For Taste
- 1lb Pasta of Choice, Cooked al Dente
- Optional: Basil, Parmesan
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes until it starts to brown. You want to stir frequently to prevent burning. Once the butter begins to brown turn off the heat, cover and set aside – it should smell nutty and fragrant.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once heated, add in the shallots and cook until softened – about 3 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes to soften and blister the tomatoes.
- Next add in the lemon juice and garlic and continue cooking for about a minute.
- Add in the brown butter and pasta and stir to combine. Cook for about 3-5 minutes to fully incorporate the butter into the pasta. *taste and salt accordingly.
- Divide between bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan and basil and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Brown Butter Pasta”