This recipe came together by complete accident! I was cleaning out my cabinet and had a lot of thai/indian sauces that I wanted to use up. I also had a lot of vegetables and some chicken that were nearing their expiration! The great thing about cooking is sometimes you can throw a bunch of things together and it turns out incredible – this is one of those times. I also used rotisserie chicken that I already had in the fridge, but feel free to swap it out with chicken breast (you will need to adjust the cooking time if using raw chicken) or omit the chicken all together for a vegetarian dish!
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 3 Green Onion, Chopped in 1in Pieces
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Pouch Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Trader Joe’s Thai Style Green Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Serves: 3-4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a simmer and add in the rice – cook and cover for ~20 minutes until the rice is tender. Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat, fluff and keep covered until ready to serve.
- While the rice is cooking, prep all of your veggies.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the onions, carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the garlic and stir for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Next, reduce the heat to low and add in the coconut milk, lemongrass simmer sauce, and green chili sauce. Stir together to combine well and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the sauce comes together, add in the chicken and green onions and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. *if you are using raw chicken, you should add the chicken during step 5 and cook for additional time so the chicken is cooked completely through.
- Divide the curry between 4 dishes and serve alongside the rice.
5 thoughts on “Green Curry with Vegetables and Chicken”