With summer here, I am all about easy, delicious, healthier dishes! With all the grilling that goes on – especially burgers -fries are always a go-to, but can be super heavy and greasy, which is the last thing I want when its warm outside. These baked sweet potato fries are the perfect swap. They are soft on the inside and golden on the outside and they are baked so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating these! I lightly season them with salt, basil, and oregano to bring out the natural flavors – but you can totally get more creative with some cumin, paprika, or anything else you might want to try! These are great on their own or as a side dish to your next BBQ.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Favorite Dipping Sauces
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in to fry-like wedges.
- Add the sweet potatoes, olive oil, basil, oregano, and salt to a large ziplock bag. Seal tightly and gently shake until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes until they are golden on the outside and soft on the inside. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Fries”