Pizza is great. But delivery can get expensive and time-consuming. Homemade pizza can also be a pain and messy. This is an option to counteract all of the above. It uses a pre-made crust that is ready to go – no cooking before you top it. All you have to do is top it with your favorite ingredients, pop it in the oven, and let the oven do the rest! I bought this crust from Trader Joes because they are superior and have great ready to go options for the lazy person in me. The crust from them is thin and light and doesn’t give that super doughy texture or cardboard taste most pre-made crusts do. This is more of a flat bread style option for comparisons sake. All you really need for this is the crust, sauce, and cheese plus your favorite toppings. The key here is to remove the pizza from the oven once everything is melty and warm, turn it on the broil setting, and pop it back in for a few minutes. This will result in that bubbly, slightly browned cheese that is delicious.
- Pizza Dough, you can use Pre-made or make it from scratch. I am using Pre-Made ready to go from Trader Joes.
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozarella
- 1 Log Fresh Mozzarella
- Favorite Toppings: Pepperoni, Olives, Prosciutto, Onions, Mushrooms, Sausage
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the pre-made dough and place is on a cooking sheet.
- Top with pizza sauce and spread on the dough evenly, make sure to leave about 1/2 inch around the edges that you do not cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle on half the shredded mozzarella evenly on top of the sauce – you want to keep a bit for the end to cover the toppings.
- Add the fresh mozzarella and your favorite toppings and then sprinkle with the remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn on the broil setting (500 degrees Fahrenheit) – allow it to fully heat. Place the pizza back in the oven for another 2 minutes under the broiler so the cheese can get super melty and a nice color! Cut in to pieces and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Easy Weeknight Pizza”