Bacon and eggs are probably the best breakfast combo there is, but why not take it up a notch with this easy and incredibly tasty breakfast sammie! Toasted rosemary sourdough that has that perfect crunch when you first take a bit, but still a soft buttery center. Imagine that loaded with crispy bacon, creamy eggs, avocado and most importantly, cheese! THAT is exactly what you will get with this breakfast sandwich. It will give your weekend the much needed glow up it needs while you drink that first pot of coffee. Whether you’re looking for that Sunday brunch with a friend, something to soak up all the ~partying~ from the night before, or a relatively ~healthy~ start to the day, this is the perfect sandwich to make!
- 4 Slices Rosemary Sourdough
- 4 Tbsp Butter, + 1 Tbsp to Cook
- 2 Cups Gouda, Shredded
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Makes: 2 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the bacon on a baking sheet.
- Once the oven is heated, place the baking sheet and cook the bacon for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and milk. (I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper). Once whisked set to the side.
- Next, butter the bread on one side with 1tbsp of butter.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. (this pan will be for the bread).
- Heat another large pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter. (this pan will be for the eggs).
- In the first pan, add the bread – butter side down – and and about 1/2 cup of cheese to each piece. Cover the pan to allow the cheese to melt and the bread to get crispy!
- In the second pan, once the butter is melted, reduce to low heat and pour in the eggs. Continuously stir the eggs so they don’t burn. The eggs will take about 8-10 minutes to cook. You want them to still be slightly runny – this will give you deliciously creamy eggs!
- Once the bacon timer goes off, remove from the oven and transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel – this will help absorb any excess fat.
- Reduce the bread pan to low heat so the bottom does not burn – once the cheese is melted, remove and get ready to assemble.
- For assembly, top one side of the bread with 2 1/2 – 3 slices of bacon. Add 1/2 the eggs and top with 1/4 avocado. Finally add the second piece of bread and cut down the middle. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to assemble the second sandwich!
- Serve and Enjoy! For an extra kick, add your favorite hot sauce on the sandwich!
STEP 1 & 2