Pizza is one of those foods that you never get tired of. There are so many different topping combinations and crust options that I’m sure you could eat a different pizza every day for a year and still not get through every combination options. Sure, delivery is easy but it can add up. And homemade pizza is cheap but can be time consuming and not always yield the best results (talking from personal experience here!). This combines minimum effort with a delicious output! These are made using a tortilla as a crust – you can either lay it lay it flat and make the entire tortilla a pizza, or like I did and fold it in half to make a calzone-quesadilla pizza. Either way it will taste delicious and is totally customizable! I used a mixture of both smoked mozzarella and fresh mozzarella. The smoked mozzarella gives it a deep, smokey flavor while the fresh mozzarella has a soft, creamy texture.
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Small Ball Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 Cups Smoked Mozzarella, Shredded
- 4 Tortillas
- Optional Toppings: Pepperoni, Olives, Onions, Bell Peppers, Sausage, Parmesan
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- In a medium bowl mix the pizza sauce, garlic, oregano, and basil. Combine well and set aside.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella. Then break each slice in to smaller pieces using your hands. You wang about dime to nickel size chunks.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is heated, add the tortilla.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture on to one half of the tortilla and spread evenly.
- Add 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella on top of the sauce.
- Next, add your favorite toppings and cover with 1/4 of the fresh mozzarella.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla over on top. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese begins to melt.
- Flip over to brown the other side and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4-9 until all the tortillas and toppings have been used! Cut in to 4 pieces, serve and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Pizzadilla”