This chicken dish will be your new favorite to make and eat! The sauce is thick and sweet with a touch of heat and coats the chicken perfectly so you get so much deliciousness in one bite. This recipe also comes together so quickly and the chicken is incredibly tender. I love serving this with roasted broccoli (roast it in the oven on 425 fahrenheit for around 30-40 minutes until the outside gets a little browned and crispy!). I will say that this dish is best served fresh and hot, so it is not a great meal prep option but luckily it is easy enough to whip up on a busy weeknight when you only have 30 minutes to spare in the kitchen! Try it this week and ditch the takeout for a healthier and tastier option.
- 1.5 Lbs Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 Tsp Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sambal Oelek (can sub with Sriracha)
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil (Can sub other oil)
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (Optional for Serving)
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice (Optional for Serving)
- 4-5 Cups Roasted Broccoli (Optional for Serving)
Time: 30 Minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, honey, minced ginger, sambal oelek, minced garlic, lime juice, and rice vinegar until well combined and set aside.
- Next, we need to coat the chicken – add the chicken to a large ziploc bag, pour in the flour, seal well and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat a large pan over medium to high heat and add in the sesame oil. Once hot, add in the flour coated chicken and brown on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and add in the sauce you whisked together earlier. Cook on low for 12-15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce is thick. Lastly, add in the diced green onions and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the green onions are softened.
- Remove from the heat, divide between 3-4 bowls. Serve alongside rice and broccoli and top with the sesame seeds and more diced green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken”