This steak is what dreams are made of. It is tender and juicy with a smoky, rich flavor! I love adding this steak to a burrito bowl, where I can customize my toppings based on what I have and what I am craving! I usually start off with rice or cumin beans (or sometimes both) and always throw sliced avocado and feta cheese on top! This is super easy to make and can be completely customized to your taste preferences.
For the Steak:
- 1 Lb Skirt Steak
- 2 Limes, Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- 3 Tsp Cumin
- 3 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion, Halved
Optional For Serving:
- Black Beans
- Feta, or Cotija Cheese
- Hot Sauce
- In a large bowl add the lime juice, enchilada sauce, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and stir to combine. Add in the skirt steak and cover to coat evenly. Set aside and allow to marinate for 60 minutes.
- While the steak is marinating, prep any other items you want to serve with the bowls – beans, rice, avocado, etc!
- When the meat is ready to go, heat the grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the grill is hot, add the whole peppers and onion to the grill, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Check after 5 minutes and rotate – continue cooking and rotating until all sides are slightly charred.
- Remove the peppers and onions and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the steak to the grill and cook for 8 minutes. Flip then cook for another 8 minutes. Turn off the grill and remove the steak – allow the steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak rests, slice the bell peppers and onion. Lastly, slice the steak for serving.
- For you bowls, add any and all toppings you want and add a generous helping of the bell peppers, onion and steak!
5 thoughts on “Skirt Steak Asada”
Looks yummy. Avocado is a great addition! 🙂