My take on a delicious, healthy greek chicken that is so moist and tender you will want to eat it everyday! I serve this alongside turmeric rice, feta + tomato + olive salad, and my famous tzatziki sauce! The chicken has so much flavor from my unique seasoning blend and it pairs so well with the creamy, tangy tzatziki. Try this when you want a healthy, light greek dish without ordering out! This is another great meal prep dish for the week since everything can be made individually and assembled when you are ready to eat.
For the Chicken:
- 4 Chicken Cutlets
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 3 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 3 Tsp Harissa Powder
- 2 Lemons, Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Peri Peri Sauce* (Optional, from Trader Joe’s)
- Salt + Pepper, To Taste
For the Tzatziki:
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 1/3 Cup Cucumber, Finely Diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Dill, Minced
- Salt + Pepper, To Taste
- Turmeric Rice
- Feta Cheese
- Kalamata Olives
To Make the Tzatziki:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, garlic cloves and lemon juice and mix well.
- Next, add in the cucumber and dill and season with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper) and gently fold in the cucumbers to the greek yogurt.
- Taste and adjust the salt + pepper as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside until you’re ready to serve.
To Make the Chicken:
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, peri peri sauce, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, and harissa until well combined.
- Next, pat the chicken completely dry with paper towels and generously season all sides with salt + pepper.
- Brush the seasoning on to the chicken making sure to evenly coat all sides and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- When you are ready to make the chicken, heat a large pan over medium-high heat and spray with pam to coat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 5 minutes. Flip and sear the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and continue cooking for another 8-10 minutes until the inside of the chicken is fully cooked.
- When the chicken is finished, remove from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, slice the chicken into strips and add one chicken breast to each plate. Serve alongside rice, feta cheese, hummus, and olives (if desired) then top with the tzatziki.
3 thoughts on “Greek Chicken with Tzatziki”