I recently categorized all my recipes and for how much I talk about my love of tacos, I surprisingly don’t actually have many taco recipes. I need to step my taco game up this year and bring y’all more tasty taco recipes! Here is a great one that I actually make a ton, but realized I have never shared – this is one of my go-to, easy weeknight recipes. I use the instantpot for this recipe so it goes even quicker and produces a tender, juicy, fall apart chicken. You can make this in a slow cooker or on the stove top, but it will take extra time to ensure the chicken comes out moist. I like to keep these simple and top them with diced onion, cilantro, cotija cheese, salsa and lime crema but you could absolutely go nuts with the toppings and throw some avocado or jalapenos on there. These tacos are also great for a party since they are (almost) bite size and can be finger-ish food! Make a double batch of these and watch them fly off the table.
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- Salt + Pepper, To Taste
- 24-30 Corn, Street Style Tortillas, Warmed
- Optional for Topping: Cilantro, Cotija Cheese, Diced Onions, Lime Crema, Salsa, Jalapenos
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- In an instantpot, or pressure cooker, add the enchilada sauce, cumin, onion powder, minced garlic, lime juice, and chili powder and mix well to combine.
- Next, add in the chicken breasts. Close the instantpot and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker is finished, make sure to let it vent before opening – follow the instructions on your specific pressure cooker but make sure to release the pressure before opening the lid.
- Once all the pressure is released, transfer the chicken to a bowl and shred.
- Transfer all the remaining sauce from the pressure cooker to a pot, heat on high and cook for 10 minutes to evaporate some of the water.
- Add the shredded chicken to the sauce and remove from heat.
- Time to assemble – take a tortilla and add a bit of chicken and top with any toppings you want! Repeat this step until all the chicken and tortillas have been used!
6 thoughts on “Shredded Chicken Tacos”