Tacos in all forms are delicious – I tend to lean towards soft tacos, but these crispy tacos are hard to pass up! These are baked in the oven, so they are much healthier than a fried version and they could even be made in the air fryer. I opted for the oven though since my air fryer would only fit two of these bad boys at a time, which would have taken forever! The real start of this recipe though is the chipotle lime sauce for dipping! It is creamy, tangy and has a bit of heat in it to go perfectly with the cheesy, beefy tacos. These tacos are delicious on their own if you want to keep them simple, but I recommend topping them with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes right before you eat them – it adds a freshness to the tacos that is unbelievably delicious. Try these for your next taco tuesday or when you need to get dinner ready in a hurry for a large group – just pop these in the oven on baking sheets and you’ve got an easy, delicious dinner ready!
For the Tacos:
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 15 oz Can Black Beans
- 15-20 Tortillas, Medium Size (Corn or Flour)
- 4-6 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Diced Tomatoes, Shredded Lettuce, Diced Onions, Cilantro
For the Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, Finely Diced + 2 Tsp Adobo Sauce
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, Finely Diced
- 1 Jalapeno, Seeded, Finely Diced
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Dill
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk*, To Thin
- Salt + Pepper, To Taste
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time:30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Add in the diced onion and minced garlic and cooked for 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes until the turkey is browned. Next add in the onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne powder, oregano, basil, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and stir to well combine. Last, add in the black beans and stir well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
- While the oven heats, lets make the tacos. Take 1 tortilla and add ~1/8 cup of shredded cheese to one side. Top with a few spoonfuls of the ground beef and black beans. Then top the beef with another ~1/8 cup of shredded cheese. Fold the tortilla over and gently press down and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat this step until all the filling has been used.
- Place the tacos in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. remove from the oven, flip and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- While the tacos bake, let’s make the chipotle sauce. In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, chipotles and chipotle sauce, lime juice, cilantro, diced jalapeno, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and dill. Season with salt and pepper and whisk together until well combined. Slowly add the milk while whisking to thin the sauce a bit.
- Once the tacos are finished baking, remove from the oven. Serve the tacos alongside the chipotle sauce and top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and slice jalapenos, if desired.
4 thoughts on “Crispy Tacos with Chipotle Sauce”