Warm, comforting, easy, delicious – just a few words that come to mind when I think of this dish. I am all about those easy meals during the week and this one couldn’t be easier! This is a great way to upgrade that sad instant ramen we all love because you deserve the best. To make this dish even quicker and easier, you can use rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own – it will reduce the time by about 30 minutes. I prefer to make my own chicken because I cook it in the broth, which helps it soak up all that delicious goodness. This comforting bowl will fill you up and leave you warm inside. It only take a few extra ingredients to turn that instant ramen in to something incredible. My fav part of this dish is probably the jammy egg – I am a sucker for a runny yolk and soft boiled eggs really do the trick.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Miso Paste
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Packages Ramen – Noodles Only
- 3 Green Onions, Dices
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Package Seaweed (Optional for Serving)
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- First, we need to make the chicken – I am doing this step in my InstantPot to save time and to ensure the chicken is juicy and tender. (you can skip this step and use rotisserie chicken for convenience, or you can cook the chicken in the broth on the stovetop).
- In you InstantPot add 2 cups of the chicken broth, 2 tbsp ginger, 2 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp sriracha, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, half of the soy sauce and half of the miso paste. Whisk to combine well and add in the chicken breasts. Close the InstantPot and turn on high and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, let’s make the eggs. Bring a pot of water to a simmer and carefully add in the eggs (I usually cook one additional egg since usually the first one breaks). Cook the eggs for 6 minutes. Once the eggs are done, immediately run them under cold water and set aside.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, allow the InstantPot to vent before opening. Once all the pressure is released, transfer the chicken to a bowl and shred with a fork.
- Transfer the remaining broth from the InstanPot to a large pot and add in the remaining chicken broth, soy sauce and miso paste – heat over medium to high heat and bring to a boil. Once the broth is boiling, add in the instant ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, gently peel the eggs, slice them in half and set aside (careful when slicing as the yolk will still be runny).
- Time to assemble – add ~ 2 cups of broth to each bowl. Add half of the noodles to each bowl, top with chicken, two egg halves, sprinkles with sesame seeds and green onions and serve with seaweed (if desired).
4 thoughts on “Miso Ramen with a Soft Boiled Egg and Chicken”