I know, I know – why another bowl?! I just think these are too great not to share and there are so many tasty combinations and vegetables to throw in there! This one features shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken so it takes less time) and a delicious honey mustard dressing. I love this combination with the roasted vegetables and grains. These bowls are also super filling and healthy, they are a delicious way to get in those veggies. This bowl also features lots of fall vegetables – mushrooms, brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes! All those nutrients packed in to one, tasty, easy bowl for you to enjoy on a busy night and for leftover lunch the next day. Try this one out and let me know which bowl I have created is your favorite.
For the Bowls:
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 2 Cups Brussels Sprouts, Halved
- 1 Sweet Potato, Sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, Quartered
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive Oil
For the Honey Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Grain Mustard
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook TIme: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp minced garlic and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Toss to evenly coat and transfer to a baking sheet.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the halved brussels sprouts, 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Toss to evenly coat and transfer to the same baking sheet as the sweet potatoes. Drizzle the brussels sprouts with the honey.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, let’s make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the dijon mustard, grain mustard, apple cider vinegar, 4 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp minced garlic. Whisk to combine well. *For a sweeter flavor, add more honey and for a more tangy/acidic flavor add more vinegar – adjust to your liking. Set aside.
- Heat a large over medium heat and add in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the mushrooms, 1 tbsp minced garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes until soft. Cover and set aside.
- When the vegetables are done roasting in the oven, remove them and turn the oven on the “broil” setting. Place the sheet pan back in the oven for 5 minutes under broil – this will crisp the edges – remove after the 5 minutes.
- Now time to assemble the bowls! Grab two shallow bowls (or plates) and to each bowl add: 1/2 cup quinoa, 1 cup chicken, 1/2 of the sweet potatoes, 1/2 of the brussels sprouts and 1/2 of the mushrooms. Drizzle the honey mustard over the top and serve.