Mornings shouldn’t be harder than they already are. I am always rushed for time in the morning and eating breakfast is usually the last thing on my mind. I am lucky if I have a coffee before running out the door. But we all deserve a delicious breakfast in the morning without the hassle and extra time. Enter the quiche! Quiche is filling, delicious, and fairly healthy. It is also great because you can make it ahead of time and reheat throughout the week so it is perfect for the weekday! This quiche is filled with juicy tomatoes, crispy bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese for the ultimate combination. The flaky crust makes this irresistible. Give this quiche a try when you need some help in the mornings!
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Diced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Puff Pastry, Thawed
- Salt + Pepper
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- First you will want to blind bake the puff pastry – this means baking it before adding the ingredients to ensure the pastry/dough gets cooked and will not be underbaked on the bottom. To do this, roll out the puff pastry dough and carefully transfer to a quiche (or pie) pan and trim the edges.
- Add a layer of parchment paper on top of the puff pastry and fill with rice (you can also use baking beads or dried beans if you have them – but rice works just as well!).
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry begins to brown.
- In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl add the eggs, cherry tomatoes, bacon, cheese garlic, milk and salt and pepper (to taste) and whisk together until well combined.
- When the puff pastry is done, remove the parchment paper and rice.
- Carefully pour in the egg mixture and place back in the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes until the eggs start to set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the pan. Once cooled, slice and serve!
3 thoughts on “Tomato + Bacon Quiche”