This is a great weeknight dinner when you need something easy and packed full of flavor and vegetables! Curries are my go tos when I don’t know what to cook or when I have vegetables that are about to go bad – I can throw in pretty much whatever ingredients I have and it always turns out delicious! To make this even easier, I use a premade simmer sauce because some days I just don’t have the time or energy to make everything from scratch! This dish is comfort in a bowl, but is still light and healthy packed full of nutrients that don’t leave me feeling meh afterward! I also love this dish because there are so many colors and textures from all the different vegetables we use here. This can also easily be turned in to a vegetarian friendly meal by omitting the chicken – you could opt to replace it with tofu, potatoes, or paneer (or just leave it how it is without the chicken!).
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken (or 2 Chicken Breasts)
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 2 Cups White Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 Carrots, Diced
- 3 Green Onions, Cut into 1″ Pieces + 1 Green Onion, Diced Thinly for Topping
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 13.5oz Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Jar Maya Kaimal Butter Masala Simmer Sauce
- Salt + Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Optional: Rice to Serve (I used Garlic Herb RightRice, but you can use regular rice)
- Serves: 3-4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the olive oil.
- Once heated add in the carrots, bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 5-8 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Next, add in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the coconut milk and simmer sauce and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently – you want the sauce to come together and start bubbling. *if you are using raw chicken breasts, add them in during this step so they can fully cook but if you are using pre-cooked chicken don’t add just yet!
- Once the sauce is bubbling, add in the chicken and green onions that are cut in to 1″ pieces. Stir well to mix and cook for another 5 minutes until the chicken is heated all the way through and the green onions start to soften.
- Remove from the heat, divide between 4 dishes and serve with rice!
*For a vegetarian option omit the chicken.
5 thoughts on “Red Curry with Chicken”