It is summertime which means salad season is here! SO many fresh vegetables in season right now and there is nothing better on a warm day than a crispy salad. This salad is no exception – it is crisp, light, fresh, and tasty. I top this with a medium-rare steak for a satisfying dinner, but chicken or shrimp could easily be substituted (or left out all together). This salad is also dressed with a light, tangy honey mustard vinaigrette that pairs perfectly with the tomatoes, onions, corn and avocado. If you think all salads or boring, give this one a try and let me change your mind!
- 2 Sirloin Steaks
- 1 Ripe Avocado, diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Buffalo Mozzarella
- 2 Ears Corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Heads of Romaine, rinsed
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Olive OIl
- 4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and generously season with salt and pepper on all sides. Set the steaks on a plate and add the worcestershire sauce – gently rub the worcestershire all around the steak so all sides are evenly coated. Set the steak aside until we are ready to cook.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Once hot, add in the corn and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the corn for 8-10 minutes until the corn softens and starts to get some color. Remove from heat and set aside until ready for assembly.
- Next, prep all your vegetables – chop the romaine, slice the tomatoes, slice the onions, and dice the avocados. You want to have all the ingredients prepped and ready for assembly once the steak is cooked.
- Now let’s make the dressing – in a bowl, add the olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, and vinegar. Whisk together until everything is combined and the dressing is smooth – taste and adjust if needed. The dressing will be tangy and sweet.
- Now that everything is prepped and ready to go – it is time to cook the steak. In a medium pan heat the remaining butter over high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the steaks and sear for 2 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 minutes on the other side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking the steak for 6-8 minutes (this will yield a medium rare steak).
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steaks rest, add the romaine, tomatoes, onions, corn, and avocado to a large mixing bowl. Pour over the dressing (start with about half of the dressing, you can add more if you like more dressing on your salads) and mix well.
- Split the salad between two plates and top with the buffalo mozzarella.
- Slice the steaks in to ~1/4-1/2″ and place on top of the salad.
- Lastly, drizzle 1-2 tbps of dressing on top of the steak and serve!