This is a fun twist on the famous tiktok feta tomato dish that was all the rage duing the early covid days. This is a colder version that is great for summertime. I roast the tomatoes to get them blistered and let them cool before putting them on top fresh burrata. I then top it with my favorite pesto (you can also make your own pesto if you’ve got time for that!). The pesto adds a nice salty touch to the creamy cheese and sweet tomatoes. My favorite pesto is from Whole Foods – its straight from Italy and uses real pecorino cheese. You can usually find it near their cheese section or near their fresh pastas and sauces in the refrigerator. This is great with some crusty sourdough, but honestly just eating it with a spoon is the way to go!
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Container Burrata – should come with two portions
- 3-4 Tbsp Pesto
- Serves: 3-4
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Assembly Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- In an oven safe dish, add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic. Mix well so the tomatoes are evenly coated.
- Place tomatoes in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until they start to burst.
- When the tomatoes are finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl/serving dish, add the burrata. Make slits in the top to let the creamy center show through.
- Top with the olives and drizzle with the pesto.
- Serve with some crusty bread or just eat with a spoon and enjoy!
8 thoughts on “Tomato Burrata Salad”