Who says healthy food needs to be boring or flavorless? Now that spring is approaching and soon summer, I am sure we all find ourselves craving more fresh vegetables and lighter meals – I know I do! This sheet pan roasted veggies are perfect for the spring and cooler months! It is full of flavor and nutrients that won’t leave you bloated or in a carb coma. It is also a great dish that requires very little clean up – you just throw everything on a pan and BAM! you’re done – and if you use foil it makes cleanup even easier. You can also totally swap the vegetables for ones that you or your family is more likely to eat – not everyone loves mushrooms or bell peppers! You can also make this 100% vegetarian by omitting the chicken sausage – can be substituted with tofu or meat alternative if you’re wanting more protein and a more substantial dish. I love this recipe because it is easy, delicious, healthy, and requires minimal clean up or prep.
- 4 Links Chicken Sausage
- 2 Cups Broccoli
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 2 Cups Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop all the veggies and chicken sausage so they are roughly the same size
- Add the veggies to a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and add the garlic and basil. Also add a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Mix the veggies so they are evenly coated.
- Add the chicken sausage and distribute them evenly across the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Divide between dishes, serve and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Sheet Pan Veggies and Sausage”