Summer time brings out all the vegetables! They are fresh, delicious, and plentiful. Spring and summer offer some of my favorites – including corn and tomatoes! This salad is a great side dish for a picnic, BBQ, or a light dinner at home. It is refreshing, crunchy, and creamy. It also comes together quickly, which makes it perfect for on the go. You can swap fresh corn for frozen or canned, but I highly recommend taking advantage of the season and using fresh. It has a better flavor and texture and adds so much color to the dish! The burrata also adds a great creaminess and elevates the dish to the next level to provide more flavor and texture. Grab a piece of bread, spread on some burrata and top with the corn, tomatoes, and avocado for an absolutely perfect bite!
- 1.5 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 3 Ears Corn on the Cob (about 1.5 cups corn. you can use frozen, but fresh is so much better)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Burrata
- Optional: Sourdough Bread for serving
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the corn and about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir together and cook the corn for 8-10 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking, slice the tomatoes in half and dice the avocado.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Once the corn is finished, add the corn to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour the tomato, corn, avocado salad in to a large serving bowl.
- Make two holes and place the burrata in the holes.
- Serve with toasted bread and enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Summer Salad”