This pasta is rich, creamy, decadent. This is exactly what you want on a chilly night when you don’t feel like taking off those pjs. The roasted red peppers add such a deep flavor with a hint of smokiness. I like using rigatoni for this recipe so the sauce gets all on the grooves and on the inside, but you can use your favorite pasta shape! This is another great recipe to sneak in some veggies for those pickier eaters. This recipe comes together in only 30 minutes, so really there is no excuse to make a big bowl, queue up your favorite movie, and get ready for a carb coma afterwards! Pairs well with a large glass of wine and a comfy blanket.
- 1lb Rigatoni
- 1 _oz Jar Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Generously salt a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente – about 8-10 minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set to the side.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened -about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the liquid from the red peppers. Add the peppers to a blender then add in the onions and garlic.
- Blend on low, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth.
- Pour the blended peppers back in to the pan and reduce to low heat.
- Add in the cream and stir until well combined.
- Add in the oregano, basil, salt, pepper and parmesan. Stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the pasta until the pasta is well coated in the sauce. Serve and top with more parmesan and enjoy!