Lo Mein but make it 100 times better without all the oily residue that makes your stomach hurt! This stir fry is lightened up a bit with the fresh vegetables and a lighter sauce and minimal oil. You’ll ditch your regular take out order once you try this and the other great thing is how easy this is! It is also one of those dishes you can make with whatever you have on hand. No broccoli? Skip it! Have mushrooms going bad soon? Throw them in there!
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 8oz Thin Noodles
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Ground Chilis
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil (or Sesame Oil)
- Optional: Diced Green Onions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced ginger, minced garlic, brown sugar, lime juice, ground chilis and fish sauce. Whisk well and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the peanut oil. Once hot add the carrots, red bell peppers and broccoli. Cook for 8 minutes until the veggies start to soften.
- Next, add in the chicken and the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes so the chicken can fully cook and the sauce can start to thicken.
- Lastly, add in the noodles and toss to coat. Cook for another 5 minutes to incorporate all the flavors together. Turn off the heat and divide the noodles between 4-6 dishes. Top with diced green onions for garnish and serve!
5 thoughts on “Chicken + Veggie Stir Fry Noodles”