I love thai food and noodle dishes and this is my take on a twist between a pad thai and peanut noodles that is more delicious than I ever thought possible. The peanut sauce gives the dish a creamy, nutty flavor but it still has some acid with the lime that cuts through the heaviness of the peanut butter. You can throw whatever vegetables you have on hand for this and add in some fried eggs as well – I meant to add in eggs and then while cooking I completely forgot! You’re going to love this so grab all the ingredients and whip this up!
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped into 1 in Pieces
- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil
For The Sauce:
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- First, let’s make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, minced ginger, minced garlic and brown sugar. Mix together until smooth and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat over medium heat and add in the oil.
- Once hot, add the carrots, red bell pepper and broccoli and cook for 8 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the chicken, green onions and sauce you made earlier. Cook for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through – since it is thinly sliced, it will cook faster.
- Reduce the heat to low, add in the rice noodles and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide between 4-6 bowls and top with crushed peanuts, diced green onion and serve with a lime wedge! For an extra kick of spice, top with sriracha or chili oil.
3 thoughts on “Peanut Noodles with Chicken”