Fajitas but make it easy! These sheet pan fajitas won’t even leave your kitchen hot or messy. This recipe is made 100% on the grill and then you slice and throw everything on a sheet pan for easy serving. These might not be traditional fajitas, but they are a fun take and have everything you need! The charred bell peppers and onions give it a great smokey flavor. You could easily swap the steak or shrimp for chicken and get creative! I served these with tortillas so people could build tacos or just eat them in a bowl. Make these for your next gathering or mexican night!
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 Cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 3 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 3 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Lb Flank Steak
- 1 Lb Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion, Halved
- 6-8 Flour Tortillas
- Optional: Crema, Lime Wedges, Jalapenos, Cotija Cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine.
- Divide the marinade into two bowls with equal parts. In one bowl, add the steak and in the other bowl add the shrimp. Toss to evenly coat and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the meats are marinating, prep the vegetables. Remove the seeds and stems from the bell peppers, and cut the onion in half.
- Next, heat the grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the grill is hot, add the bell peppers and onions and cook for ~6-8 minutes on each side. (You want some charring on the vegetables to get a smokey flavor).
- About half way through cooking the vegetables, add the steak and cook for 8 minutes on each side (or until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit).
- When the steak and vegetables are done, remove them from the grill and set aside.
- Add the shrimp and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes (these will cook super quick, so make sure to keep an eye on them). Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Lastly (optional), throw the tortillas on the grill and heat them on each side for 30-60 seconds.
- Once everything is cooked and rested for 5 minutes, Slice the steak and vegetables for serving.
- Serve on a sheet pan alongside the tortillas, shrimp, lime wedges, crema and cheese plus any additional toppings!