Buffalo chicken is my current obsession – its creamy, spicy, and so tasty! It is also saucey, which I am all about. I recently started experimenting with buffalo chicken recipes since it is football season and I want to bring y’all some yummy snacks for the games that aren’t just the typical nachos! Buffalo chicken seems to always be present at all the football parties I attend and I never really used to be a huge fan of it. Dip form is probably the most popular buffalo chicken recipe, but that is so boring and so not messy enough! This buffalo chicken quesadilla isn’t too messy, but it sure is delicious to eat. All the perfectly melted cheese and the slightly spicy buffalo sauce on a crispy tortilla – now that’s what I am talking about! Try this for your next game day party or just a weeknight dinner!
- 2 10 inch Flour Tortillas
- 6 oz Shredded Chicken
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Ranch or Bleu Cheese for Dipping
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce. Mix to combine well.
- Lay one of the tortillas out and place 1/2 of the buffalo chicken mixture on 1/2 of the tortilla. Spread evenly on the the 1/2 of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the chicken.
- Repeat step 2 to make the other tortilla with the remaining chicken mixture.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Once hot, add the tortillas to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until the tortilla is browned.
- Reduce the heat to low, flip the tortilla, cover and cook for another 8 minutes to melt all the cheese.
- Remove from the pan, slice each quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve with your favorite dipping sauce – we prefer ranch in our house!