This bread is bananas! So I know banana bread was all the rage during the first stages of quarantine…you know those early days when we were all basically confined to our houses and picked up various hobbies like bread making, cooking, art, and buying all the plants for them to only perish a few weeks later. It seems like forever ago, but also like it was yesterday. Anyways, this banana bread recipe hopefully won’t cause flashbacks of Tiger King and the many failed bread attempts. This banana bread recipe tho is sooo much better than anything we were making a year ago. It is filled with peanut butter and chocolate chips for a nutty, chocolatey combination. Bananas and peanut butter just go together and chocolate and peanut butter are perfect as well. So this trio is bound to be a winner. I also prefer to use brown butter in this recipe because it gives it such a rich, deep flavor that is even better! If you don’t want to wait for the butter to brown and cool slightly, you can just use melted butter. It is perfect in the morning with a warm cup of coffee or tea and is super moist and fresh tasting even a few days later. Make a double and give a loaf away to a friend – they will definitely thank you!
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Makes: 1-2 Loafs
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
- First we need to brown the butter. In a small saucepan, add the butter and turn on low. You want to cook it slow and low, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes until the butter starts to brown. You will see little bits in the bottom and it will start smelling nutty. Once browned, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt – mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the bananas and mash with a fork. Add the browned butter and sugar and whisk together until well combined.
- Next add in the eggs, vanilla, peanut butter and sour cream and continue whisking until well combined.
- Now, add in the flour – a little at a time – and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Lastly, using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- This recipe will make either 1 very large banana bread loaf, or two slightly smaller ones – I opted to divide the batter in to two loaf pans. Grease 2 loaf pans well and divide the batter between them.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving!
4 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread”