These cupcakes are a mouthful I will give you that, but they are so irresistible you won’t be able to stop eating them! Browning the butter adds a deep, nutty flavor that really makes these cupcakes pop! That paired with the sweet, soft peaches and cinnamon is the perfect combination – and I haven’t even gotten to the frosting yet. The brown sugar cream cheese frosting is creamy and rich, but not overly so and pairs well with the subtle sweetness of the cupcakes. These are so moist and tasty you seriously will want to eat them all at once. To me these do somewhat give off fall vibes, but still have that summer peach – so they are somewhere in between summer and fall. Either way, don’t skip these!
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Browned and Cooled
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Peaches, Finely Diced
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
Brown Sugar Frosting:
- 8oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 4 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup + 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Makes: 12 Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Bake Time: 16-18 Minutes
- Cool Time: 60 Minutes
- First we need to make the browned butter – heat a saucepan over low heat and add the 1/2 cup butter. Cook on low for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the butter begins to brown. You will smell a nuttiness. Once the butter is ready, transfer to a bowl and allow to completely cool.
- When the butter is cooled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the diced peaches, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon to make the filling – stir to combine well and set aside while you make the cake batter.
- For the cake batter – add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl and combine. Set aside while you mix the wet ingredients.
- Using either an electric stand mixer or a hand mixer – add the brown sugar and butter and mix on low to combine. Add in the canola oil, egg, milk, vanilla, and sour cream and continue mixing until well combined – but do not over mix.
- Turn the mixer on low, and slowly add the flour mixture until all has been added. Mix until just combined, but do not overmix.
- Using cupcake liners (or you can use oil), line a cupcake tray. Add a small amount of cake batter to the bottom – just enough to cover it. Next, add a spoonful of the peach filling and cover with more batter. Repeat this until all the cupcake trays are filled (you may have extra peach filling, set aside and use it to top the cupcakes for presentation!).
- Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, let’s make the frosting! Add the cream cheese and butter to the mixer and bet on high until well combined. Add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, and mix on low until well combined. Add in the brown sugar and the remaining powdered sugar – mix on low until combined. FInally, add in the vanilla and milk and continue mixing on medium until fully incorporated.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, top with the frosting and any remaining peach filling!
2 thoughts on “Brown Butter Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting”