This is sandiwch goals – its got everything you want. Salty, creamy, crunchy, and fresh. It’s easy enough to make in the middle of the day but elevated enough to make you think you made something gourmet! It comes together super quick – the most work is slicing the bread and toasting it for a few minutes. I call this an Italian-ish sandwich because I took some very italian ingredients – mozzarella, pesto, olives, salami, and tomatoes – and put them together to create this. If you aren’t a fan of olives, you can easily substitute for a red pepper spread (Trader Joe’s sells a great one!) or a simple garlic aoili (basically just mix some mayo and minced garlic).
- 2 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 2 Tbsp Olive Tapenade/Olive Spread
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 8 Slices Salami
- 4 Slices Turkey Breast
- 1 Tomato, Sliced
- 2-3oz Fresh Mozzarella
- Makes: 1 Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Assemble Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Toast the bread for ~2-3 minutes on each side – you don’t want it to be fully toasted, you want it still soft when you bite down.
- Spread the olive tapenade on one piece of the bread and the pesto on the other.
- On top of the pesto side, layer the salami, mozzarella, tomatoes, and turkey.
- Top with the olive slice (olive side down), slice in half and serve!