I love an easy dinner, especially on the weeknight. Lately I have been really in to bowl dinners – where I take a meat and then add a bunch of things to a bowl with it. I have also been really digging Trader Joe’s pre-marinated meats because it cuts down on the prep and time I spend in the kitchen. Work has been busy and my creativity in the kitchen stifled a bit – so these meats are great to make something semi-homemade but take the pressure of the kitchen off. The only thing in this dish that I prepared 100% myself is the cucumber, tomato and feta salad. The rest of the components are pre-made that I threw together for a Mediterranean theme and a beautiful looking bowl with lots of flavor and color! This bow is light and fresh and perfect for the warmer weather that will leave you full and satisfied without feeling heavy and bloated! Also, don’t let the total time fool you – the majority of that time is the beef cooking in a pressure cooker, so really you don’t have to do much, just assemble all the other ingredients and they don’t need to be perfectly measured out.
- 1 Package Beef Shwarma (From Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced then quartered
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Feta, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Hummus – any flavor and type you want!
- 4 Tbsp Olive Tapenade (I used Divina jarred brand)
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Tzatziki (Trader Joe’s has a great one!)
- 2 Pieces Pita Bread, quartered
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Serves: 2-3
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Add the shwarma to a pressure cooked (I used an InstantPot). Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Depending on your cooker, you may need to add a bit of liquid to the bottom so it doesn’t burn, I recommend using 1/4-1/3 cup of beef broth so it won’t dilute or change the flavor!
- While the beef is cooking, prep your salad. Add the halved tomatoes, quartered cucumber and sliced onions to a bowl. Add in the olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste – combine so everything is well coated. Crumble the feta in and combine well.
- Slice and prep all the other ingredients so you are ready to assemble once the meat is finished.
- When the pressure cooker is done – take the meat out and shredded it with a fork. It should be super tender and falling apart!
- Divide the meat in to 2-3 bowls and add all the other components to the bowl!
- Serve and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Meditteranean Bowl”