This dip yells summer! It is light, fresh, and flavorful. The tomatoes add a great color and sweetness to balance out the salty cheese. This dip honestly turned out better than I could have imagined. Feta seems to be all the rage right now, and I’ve seen whipped feta at a number of places. I love feta, but I tried making a whipped feta and it just wasn’t amazing. Mixing it with ricotta gives it a lighter texture and balances out the strong feta flavor for a more subtle profile. Fresh tomatoes are also a summer staple and have such a rich, sweet flavor that I could add them to every meal. I went with these tomatoes on the vine, really because I thought it would give it a nice presentation, but you can totally opt for cherry tomatoes instead since those are more readily available at most stores. Definitely don’t skip this dip – it is really that good!
- 1 1/2 Cup Ricotta
- 1/3 Cup Feta, fresh not crumbled
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1lb Tomatoes on the Vine (you want the small pearl ones that are similar to cherry tomatoes)
- 5 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Optional: Flatbread, Pita, Sourdough, or Baguette for serving
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven safe dish, add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp minced garlic, sprinkle or salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Gently rub the tomatoes around to make sure they are evenly coated with the olive oil and garlic.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until the tomatoes just begin to burst.
- In the meantime, add the ricotta, feta, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp minced garlic, and a sprinkle of salt (about 1/2 tsp) to a food processor or blender. Blend on high until everything is incorporated and it becomes a soft, whipped texture. *taste and adjust the lemon juice, salt and garlic if needed. Additionally if it is too thick, drizzle in more olive oil.
- Place the ricotta-feta whip to a serving dish, top with the tomatoes and any juices released in the dish while cooking.
- Serve with your choice of bread and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Ricotta Feta Dip”