I’ve said it before and I will say it again – I LOVE tacos. They are in my top 3 foods that I could without a doubt eat for the rest of my life with no complaints. There is just so much flavor and so many combinations, so you never get bored! These are some damn good shrimp tacos. Tacos really are great for a crowd because you just need to make the filling and put all the toppings out and let them do the work of assembly. It is also a perfect option for pickier eaters since you can customize what can go on top. As you can see in the picture my husband and I prefer different toppings. I love the simple diced onions, cheese, and crema; while he loves to pile on all the options! Shrimp tacos are some of the best because they are light and fresh, yet leave you satisfied. Shrimp also cook super quickly, so they are a great option when you are short on time. This dish comes together so quick that you won’t even be able to finish that next episode while you cook before you’re ready to eat! Don’t forget to make the avocado crema to top them off – its adds a creamy, zesty flavor that you don’t want to miss!
- 1lb Shrimp, cleaned
- 2 Tbsp Tequila Lime Seasoning, purchased at Whole Foods
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 12 Flour or Corn Tortillas, Street Style
- Optional Toppings: Cheese, Avocado, Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Diced Onions, Cilantro
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 1 Lime, Zested and Juiced
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Heat a large pot over low heat and add in the beans.
- Add the cumin, salt, and pepper to the beans and stir until well combined. Cover and simmer the beans on low until ready to serve.
- Now to make the crema – in a food processor, or blender, add in the sour cream, mayo, avocado, lime zest and juice.
- Blend together until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Add in the shrimp, lime juice, and tequila-lime seasoning.
- Stir so the shrimp are evenly coated and cook until the shrimp are a light pink color – about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat once the shrimp is finished.
- Time to assemble!
- Add 2-3 shrimp to a tortilla
- Top with you favorite toppings and add a generous dollop of the avocado crema.
- Serve alongside the black beans and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema”