Do you love Taco Bell but don’t always love the idea of ordering out yet again? I feel you. So I have created a copy-cat crunchwrap so you can have both! You can enjoy the goodness of Taco Bell in your home, without having to go through the drive-through or question what is actually in it. Love me some Taco Bell, especially after a night out – but its definitely not the ~healthiest~ thing I could be eating. This Crunchwrap will give you all those delicious vibes and satisfy that craving, but you will probably feel way less guilty about what you and your family is eating. I will admit, my husband and I loved this recipe so much while I was creating it that we ate crunchwraps for about 4 days in a row – and this was not because we had leftovers, this was because they were that damn good! My husband is a HUGE Taco Bell lover (like could eat there every day for the rest of his life), so I knew I had to get his approval before sharing this one. He thinks I knocked it out of the park and maybe even tastes better than the original. Anyways, this dish is all the deliciousness of a taco but in a more portable, easier to eat version. If you have not had a crunchwrap before, please do me a favor and make this because you will be in love. It has layers upon layers. You’ve got a warm layer with beans, meat and cheese then a crispy taco shell with sour cream, lettuce and fresh tomatoes on top. When you bite in to all of them at once, you get a hot and cold crispy, cheesy explosion that is too good to describe.
- 1lb 90/10 Ground Beef
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Can Whole Black Beans
- 1 Can Refried Black Beans
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2-1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 Cups Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Cup Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas, Burrito Sized
- 4 Small Tostadas
- 4 Small Flour Tortillas, Street Taco Sized
- Optional: Hot Sauce, Diced Onions, Avocado
- Makes: 4 Crunchwraps
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Heat a medium pot over low heat and add in the whole and refried black beans.
- Add in the cumin, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. Cover and simmer the beans on low until ready for assembly.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add in the oil.
- Once hot, add in the diced onions and cook for 5 minutes until they are translucent and begin to soften.
- Add in the ground beef and garlic and cook for 8-10 minutes until the beef is cooked through.
- Drain off any excess fat from the meat and reduce to low heat. Add in the taco seasoning and stir until well combined. Remove the beef from the heat.
- Now time for assembly!
- Lay the large flour tortilla on a flat surface.
- In the center, add a generous handful of shredded lettuce
- Next, add about 1/4 cup of the diced tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- Take the tostada and evenly spread 1/8-1/4 cup of sour cream to one side of the tostada. Place the sour cream tostada sour cream side down on top of the tomatoes.
- Next, add about 1/2 cup of black beans and evenly spread them on top of the tostada.
- Add a generous handful of the shredded cheese on top of the beans.
- Next, add about 1/3-1/2 cup of ground beef on top of the cheese.
- Lastly, take the small flour tortilla and place it on top of the ground beef.
- Now to fold – gently fold the large tortilla to wrap it around the filling – the small tortilla will cover the gap the large tortilla won’t reach.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium-high heat and add in the crunchwrap folded side down – you want to do the folded side down first so it helps it bind so the filling doesn’t come out. Cook for 3 minutes and the flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Repeat steps 8-17 until all the crunchwraps have been assembled.
- Slice in half, serve and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Copy Cat Crunchwrap”