Grilled Cheese is probably one of the most well-known comfort foods around. This grilled cheese was created from the leftovers of a cheese board! I wanted a more ~upscale~ version of a childhood favorite! I remember eating grilled cheese and tomato soup with my mom during snow days and it being the best thing in the entire world. This grilled cheese incorporates a sun-dried tomato pesto so you still get that cheese-tomatoey goodness, just in a different form! Feel free to use whatever leftover cheese you have in the fridge – but I will say, the combination below is very very tasty! Definitely perfect lunch or dinner for a lazy weekend when you want something delicious, but don’t really feel like cooking. This would still dunk great in a tomato soup btw. I will warn you, it is very cheesy, so if you’re lactose intolerant you might want to skip this one! I use 5 cups of shredded cheese plus slices for only 3 sandwiches, but one can never have enough cheese right?
- 6 Slices Pugilese Bread
- 1/2 Cup Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 3 Slices Provolone
- 3 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Gruyere
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Gouda
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Smoked Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Caramelized Onion Cheddar
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Butter the outside of the bread – repeat this until each slice has butter on one side.
- Spread the tomato pesto on the side of the bread that is not buttered – repeat this until each slice has pesto on it.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Place the buttered side down on the pan.
- Top with the provolone, cheddar, gruyere, mozzarella, and gouda (or whatever cheese combination you chose to use!).
- Place another slice of bread on top of the cheese – pesto face down – you want the butter on the outside, so when you flip it will get a nice golden crust.
- Cook for 3 minutes, until the cheese starts to get melty.
- Flip to cook the other side – cook for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted all the way through.
- Repeat steps 4-8 until all the bread and cheese has been used! You can fit multiple sandwiches depending on how large your pan is, but make sure not to overcrowd.
3 thoughts on “6 Cheese Grilled Cheese”