Shrimp – so delicious, so easy, so versatile. This dish came to light because I had some shrimp I needed to use and some cherry tomatoes that were about to see better days. I didn’t really plan this dish, just kept finding items in the fridge to clean out and all of a sudden this masterpiece was created. This is similar to an alfredo sauce with the cream and cheese, but the blistered tomatoes really add another dimension of flavor and texture and help lighten the sauce. This dish is just as indulgent as an alfredo, but feels a lot lighter and fresher – perhaps its the tomatoes or the shrimp? Either way, you should make this because I promise, you will not be disappointed. Also, the shrimp and sauce are delicious on their own and do not have to be served with noodles. This would be just as delicious over a noodle alternative or some roasted broccoli – or even just by itself!
- 1lb Shrimp, tails off removed
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Pecorino
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- Optional: Linguine Noodles
- Serves: 2-4
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the butter. Allow the butter to fully melt.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the shallots. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and cook down for 10 minutes. Sprinkle in about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and stir well.
- Add in the garlic and stir.
- Next, add in the white wine and continue cooking until the wine begins to reduce – about 8-10 minutes. You will want to stir consistently and allow the sauce to start bubbling.
- Once the wine has reduced, push the tomatoes to one side and add the flour and whisk continuously while its begins to thicken.
- Once the flour has been fully incorporated, pour in the heavy cream and reduce the heat to low.
- Next, add in the pecorino and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes until the shrimp are pink!
- Serve over pasta or veggie of your choice and enjoy!