Warmer weather is just around the corner and this is the perfect dish to get you in the mood! It is light, crunchy and creamy. This comes together so quick and is a fresh take on a pasta salad! If you love caesar salads, give this one a try. The secret is the grilled chicken – it marinates in dijon mustard to give it a slight tang that makes a perfect addition to the creamy caesar dressing. Ditch those croutons and throw in cooked pasta for a new take.
For the Chicken:
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
For the Salad:
- 4-5 Cups Shredded Romaine
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz Dry Pasta
- ~1/2 Cup Caesar Dressing, Use your favorite brand!
- Pepper, to Taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, salt and pepper. Add in the cubed chicken and stir to evenly coat. Set aside and let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken marinades, cook your pasta. Cook according to the package and once the pasta is fully cooked, remove from the heat, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Next, prep your romaine lettuce. Rinse with cold water and dry, then finely chop the romaine. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- To cook the chicken, heat a grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. While the grill heats, skewer the chicken on metal skewers.
- Once the grill is hot, add the chicken, cover the grill and cook for 6 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip the chicken, cover and cook for another 6 minutes. Turn off the grill and remove the chicken. Allow the chicken to rest and cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, in a large bowl, add the chopped romaine, cooked pasta, chicken, shredded mozzarella, and caesar dressing. Toss to combine and divide between 2-4 bowls. Top with freshly cracked black pepper and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Grilled Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad”