Looking for a way to upgrade your ramen? Or wanting chinese food without wanting to order out? Or just looking for a delicious, veggie packed meal? Whatever the reason, this dish has you covered! Ramen is okay on its own, but I’ve always felt it is lacking something more. This recipe ditches the ramen seasoning packets for a slightly more sophisticated sauce. It also is packed full of vegetables, so believe it or not, its fairly healthy! I added broccoli, onions, and carrots – but feel free to customize the vegetables to your liking. The dish would be great with some corn, or peas, or even some protein such as tofu, chicken, or shrimp! This dish comes together in only 20 minutes, which means it will be ready before you takeout has even left the store!
- 2 Packages Instant Noodles – Noodles Only
- 1 1/2 Cup Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp GoChuJang (Hot Pepper Paste)
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Serves: 2-3
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- First let’s make the sauce! In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, gochujang, sriracha, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the 1 tbsp of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the diced onion and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until transclucent.
- Once the onions are cooked, add the broccoli. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes until the broccoli begins to soften.
- While the broccoli cooks, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes – you want the noodles to just start to become soft, but will finish cooking them in the sauce. Drain and set to the side.
- Add in the sauce to the pan and stir well. Add in the noodles and carrots and stir until well combined. Continue to cook until the noodles become soft – about 5 minutes.
- Move the noodles to one side of the pan and add the eggs. Scramble the eggs and continuously stir until they are cooked.
- Mix the eggs in to the noodles and stir so everything is well combined. Divide between bowls and enjoy! Top with more sriracha for an additional kick!